Monday, May 21, 2018

The Importance of having a Self Love Practice

Happy Monday my lovelies! Today is gloomy and yucky here where I live, you know one of those grey outcast days that just seem to suck the life right out of ya, and it took everything in me to get up, get my daughter off to school let alone my other various morning rituals I can’t seem to function without. We all have our off days, our days when we need to just stay in the bed and give ourselves the permission to just relax.
It felt like the perfect day to discuss the importance of having a self love practice. When all we want to do is lay back down in the bed and tell life to wait, we’ll join back in tomorrow, I feel that is our souls’ way of telling us its time to slow down, show some love to yourself so that you can keep going at this crazy pace you’ve got me going in. We’ve gotten so used to multi-tasking, staying busy, and ignoring our bodies warning signals and then we get totally burnt out and turn into grouchy little brats. At least that’s what happens to me when I don’t take time out of my busy schedule to show myself some love.
I feel you if your thinking your too busy to add in one more thing to your schedule. I get it. I’ve been there, in fact that’s what I’d been saying for years but you know what? I got so sick of feeling like I was on a hamster wheel of life constantly moving yet I felt like I wasn’t truly getting anywhere. Once you commit to doing something special for you every single day, you will start to notice not only the huge blessings that is all around you everyday but you’ll also start to notice all the tiny little blessings we skip over throughout the day because we’re on that hamster wheel going round and round and we’re not paying attention to anything out of our peripheral.
Having a self love practice can look however you want it to. It’s time for you to reflect on the things that light you up. What is it that you wished you had more time for? Is it golfing, working out, walking the dog, going for a run, yoga, meditation, a nice warm bath? Take some time now to think about what you picture yourself doing that makes you feel warm and fuzzy and happy. Maybe you don’t have a clue yet what it is and your racking your brain and nothing comes to mind. That’s cool! You get to go experiment! That’s exactly what I had to do until I found what it was that is now my self love practice. It is like food for your soul. So if your going to experiment take about a week doing the same thing and see how it feels.
For instance try a yoga class for a week, or go for a walk every evening for a week, or get up and meditate every morning for a week. Whatever you decide just do it. Put your heart into this and commit to show up for yourself and put you first by starting with this one practice of your choice that is only yours. This is your way of saying to yourself, ‘you matter, your worthy of this and I’m going to take care of you’ because its no one else’s job to take care of us beauties, that’s all up to us.
So right now I want you to pick a time of day that would be realistic for you to stick to every singe day and schedule it in. Literally put a reminder on your phone, set an alarm, whatever works best for you. I want you to make this promise to yourself and mean it.
My self love practice takes me about an hour every morning but it doesn’t have to take you that long, honestly if you want to start by allotting yourself 15 minutes for your practice, great!
Just get going with it love bug. And give it your all!
If you found this helpful or inspiring in any way it would light up my heart to hear how you implement your self love practice in the comments below!
Next week we are going to be discussing vulnerability and why we fear it so much, come back and visit so we can grow together!
Choose you, choose love!

4 comments:

  1. I 100% agree with you. While out on my routes at night, I just take in the nite air. Listen to the radio and allow myself to let the feelings go. Sometimes shedding a few tears. Sometimes giggling about a memory. Some nights it's both. But that's my ME time. Please keep the inspiration coming. Can't wait to read next weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the positive feedback! I am so happy to hear that you have your own routine and you time! I can always tell when I need to create space for some me time, I tend to get very grumpy and irritable and no one is happy to be around that type of energy if they don’t have to. We are better for ourselves and everyone else around us when we make that time for ourselves a priority! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some days I feel selfish for needing me time. Honestly, I feel like I don't have time for that. Sometimes like I don't deserve it. When I'm feeling this way I tend to lash out also. Irritated, closed off and even depressed. Then I get more irritated for feeling these ways. Then the acting out!! Some days I have to put myself in time out. Haha!! Sending positive vibes your way!!

      Delete
  3. Girl I hear you. And that is pretty much exactly what I would tell myself as well, I didn’t deserve this me time. I thought it was selfish. I should give this time to my daughter, not myself. But how about this, what if you give yourself a challenge. What if you challenge yourself for a week and you designate 10 minutes every morning that week just for you? You can take that time to read, meditate, go for a walk, a bath, whatever just do it, really do it. And then see how you feel when that week is up. If you like the way you feel then you’ve got your answer and you can build that 10 minutes into your daily routine...

    ReplyDelete

Why It’s So Important To Nourish Our Relationships

Hello there my beautiful!!! How are You?  How have you been? I have missed you!   I hope that you had a freaking awesome holiday fill...