Monday, July 9, 2018

Did you fall back into your comfort zone?

Hey there cutie pie! How you doin? Today I want to talk about how powerful fear can be and how easy it is for us to just stay stuck in our comfort zones. Hell, our comfort zones are warm and cozy. Sure they’re boring and nothing new, fun or exciting happens there, but at least we’re safe right? It feels like an instinctual thing starts to happen whenever I’m operating out of my comfort zone for too long. I find that my brain kinda cathches up to the fact that I’m doing something new, exciting and a little scary and then all of a sudden it slips back into its cozy shell, its comfort zone. What the shit is that all about?
I would like for my default to be that I’m constantly putting myself out there and smacking fear in the face on the daily. But that’s not what happens.
I truly believe its another form of self sabotage that I’m still working through. I wrote a previous post on self sabotage and you should totally check it out if you are relating to what I’m talking bout’ here.
The thing is anytime we do something in life that is going to stretch us and make us a better human 
its probably going to be a little bit scary right? Like when you move out of state for college, or if you take your dream job that makes less money, or you decide to write your first book, or you move away and join the circus, the list goes on and on. You get the point. There will always be room for us to stretch and grow, we’ve just got to step into it, own our right to grow into our fullest potential and that is exactly where pure happiness and a sense of fulfillment lie. 
I’m not saying you can’t have happiness in your comfort zone, I lived in my comfort zone for along time and as you know I frequently go back and visit it, but I will admit that I can reach a higher level of contentment when I’m pushing myself outside of that. I’m going to bet you feel the same way.
So what do we do? How do we live outside of that comfort zone and rise into our greatness? 
In my humble opinion I believe the first step is to notice that your hanging out in it. Once we start to acknowledge the fact that we could be learning more, practicing more of the things that light us up and make our heart sing is how we jump back in.
For instance I noticed I was getting a bit complacent with my researching and reading I’ve been working on for my book. I started watching a little more TV and indulged in more of the mindless entertainment vs doing the things I know would benefit me and the goal I am reaching for. But its cool to take a break, we all need a breather, some down time. My point is we don’t want to lose focus on the things in life that light us up and make us do the happy dance! Especially when it might scare you, don’t fall prey to fear, remember your why and keep going, the fear will fade the more you do.
So as you go through your day today notice if your making choices out of comfort or if you are stretching yourself and growing. I can tell so far today I’ve decided to stretch again because I feel vulnerable when I’m writing this post, and that’s exciting! I want to be raw, real and open here with you. 
We’re all on this journey together and the beautiful part is, we’re not alone! I am here for you, we can do this together and support one another. 
I hope that you have an amazing week beautiful ones!
Remember in your core that you are made of love and light! The world is ready and waiting for you to shine your brightness onto the rest of us! Have a great day friends! MUAH!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why It’s So Important To Nourish Our Relationships

Hello there my beautiful!!! How are You?  How have you been? I have missed you!   I hope that you had a freaking awesome holiday fill...