Monday, September 17, 2018

Create Time for Play Every D*** Day

Hey good lookin how you doin?  No seriously I hope you are doing amazing especially after the nasty Hurricane Florence us southeast coast peeps just went through.  Luckily here where I live in SC we got very, very minimal damage, an insanely long week off school and work and a bad case of cabin fever.  Our NC friends weren’t as lucky though, and my prayers are with them as they rebuild, recover and regroup.
Today’s post will be brief and to the point, a quickie if you will, (hehe) yet that doesn’t in any way shape or form negate how serious and important this topic is.  I simply want the purpose of this post to get you thinking a little bit, get your playful and fun time juices flowing again.
OK, so the past week I’ve had a lot on my mind, I had an unplanned week off of work and therefore had lots and lots of time to think.  Normally if I had a planned staycation or even vacation for that matter I would have had mostly all of that time accounted for.  Sure I would leave time here and there for chill time, workout time, meditation time, reading time but to be perfectly honest I am a complete busy body and if I don’t create time to relax I will absolutely stuff that time with chores and, you know adulting stuff.
So since I didn’t have this time accounted for guess what happened?  I freaking played!  I played games with my daughter, I colored, we had a jam out session one night, I read, baked, it was so damn great!  I viewed the time as a gift and I wanted to make the most of every second of it.
Do you make time to just play?
Unfortunately I do not.  My daughter Izabella is 9 years old now and she is hanging outside with friends a lot of time now which is great!  Yet now because she is outside more or with friends more I’ve added more chores or more work into that time free time that I used to spend playing with her, I think because I look at it like I need to use that time ‘wisely’ and I guess my brain views the wisest idea being Adulting.  Boo.
I want to view my time in my everyday life as a gift just like I viewed it from being off one week of work because, isn’t it!?  Isn’t everyday that we wake up on this earth a f***ing gift from God?
Hell ya it is!  I don’t want to squander it filling each and every crevice of free time doing damn chores.  Nope.  Done.  I’m not saying I’m going to allow my household to go to hell in a hand basket, no, I’m proposing something different.
I’m proposing a challenge.
I am going to do a 30 day Play Challenge!
I am going to create 10 minutes dedicated for strictly play in my day for 30 days straight.
And I want you to do it with me!
I’m dead serious and this is what we’ll do,
OK so, play can be whatever you refer to play as.  It could be a jam out session on your way to work rocking out instead of listening to the audio book or podcast.  It could be playing frisbee with your dog, coloring, dancing while you cook, card game, board game, coloring, bubble pop on your phone, tickling someone, being tickled, the possibilities are endless and its literally whatever floats your boat.  The only rule, give it 10 minutes of your undivided attention, that’s it.
At the end of the 30 days I want to know how you feel!  You can Direct Message me by clicking on my Instagram link using the Instagram tab on the right of this page.  If you start tomorrow that means that by October 18 you will have reached your 30 days.  I am super excited to try this experiment with you!  I can’t wait to see the results of what adding consistent play in my life will do!
So I will update you on Monday Oct 22’s blog post on my results!
Let the Play begin!

Remember in your core that you are made of love and light!  The world is ready and waiting for you to shine your brightness onto the rest of us!  Have a great day friends! MUAH!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why It’s So Important To Nourish Our Relationships

Hello there my beautiful!!! How are You?  How have you been? I have missed you!   I hope that you had a freaking awesome holiday fill...