Monday, August 13, 2018

Embrace the ‘Lull’

Happy Monday beautiful friends!  This week I wanted to bring up the topic of inactivity or a lull period of time in our life.  I believe we all have them in one way, shape or form.  How do you deal with them when they arise?  Do you embrace having down time?  Do you get bored?  Do you think you’re not doing something right because you’re not super insane crazy busy like most of us Americans feel we should operate on any given day?  Unfortunately I usually fall in the category of the ladder.  
The dictionary states that the definition of lull is: a temporary interval of quiet or lack of activity.
Synonyms include: pause, respite, interval, break, hiatus, suspension, interlude, breathing space...
Ok...
That all sounds amazing!! To have a nice respite, a time where I can have a bit of breathing space and down time could do me some good!  So why the hell do I feel the need to fill up this blessing of inactivity with busyness?
Can you relate to this?  If you can’t I seriously need some tips and tricks on how you embrace your lull, Fo Real.  In the mean time I have added time onto my meditation in the mornings by 5 minutes so I am now up to 15 minutes and that has been great!  When I first started meditating I could only sit 5 minutes and even that felt almost like torture.  I’ve always been a busy body, can’t sit still, leg swinging as I sit, fidgeting with something in my hand, my body simply feels the need to be in constant motion.  My meditation practice has positively impacted my life in ways I never thought possible and my goal is to one day be able to sit for 20 minutes in the morning and 20 minutes in the evening.  I’m not there yet. 
I get up from my cushion in the morning and off I go.  I have gotten so used to having my days full of tasks, work, goals and chores that when there is a ‘lull’ or some breathing space I can start to feel unproductive.  Don’t get me wrong I am still working, writing, being a wife and mama but still my brain demands more.  
This post is a reminder.  A reminder that I know I need very much right now.  I am praying that you get something from this that you may have needed a little reminding of today too love bug.  When we have these times of respite that will ebb and flow throughout our lives these are the exact times that we need to rest, recharge and rejuvenate.  Our creative juices are being filled back up.  We have space to breath and look inside to feel into our next move, our next goal.  Even though my cray cray brain says “don’t stop moving, you must keep going” my heart knows, its OK to slow down, its OK to take this mini interlude, its OK.  
Stillness gives us a chance to become fully present, and what a wonderful gift that is!  I mean seriously that for me is one of my biggest goals in life is to become more fully present in every single situation in my life.  While I’m writing here with you, while I’m playing with Bella, while I’m hanging with my boo thang Chad, while I’m with a client at work, I want to be fully present and giving that task or that person my all.  When our schedules are bursting at the seams and we’re running around like a chicken with their head cut off that may be a bit hard, don’t ya think? 
Yes I think so...
So thank you for being here and reading what I feel was more of a diary entry today, lol!
I truly hope this post finds you happy and healthy on this beautiful Monday my loves.
Remember in your core that you are made of love and light!  The world is ready and waiting for you to shine your brightness onto the rest of us!  Have a great day friends! MUAH!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why It’s So Important To Nourish Our Relationships

Hello there my beautiful!!! How are You?  How have you been? I have missed you!   I hope that you had a freaking awesome holiday fill...