Monday, November 26, 2018

What’s Really Holding You Back?

”It’s not what you are that holds you back, it’s what you think you are not!”
-Henry Ford

Happy Monday gorgeous, I hope that you had a great Thanksgiving filled with Love, Gratitude and Hella good Food!!!
Mine was great, we had a wonderful time together, the food was delish and the after turkey nap was absolutely Divine!  We’ve had our tree up for a week now and the Kurp household is full on Christmas mode now!  (Ya, we’re totally those Crazy Christmas people, elf on the shelf and all!)

Today I wanted to pose a question that’s centered around life setbacks, self sabotage and a general lack of self worth.  
This is the time of year where we can blame everything on distractions like shopping, extra events relating to Christmas and an overall heftier To Do list because, Hello? It’s Christmas time and throughout the month of December most of us stay firmly rooted in Fight or Flight Mode because we are simply trying to keep our heads above water.  Our ever present To Do list is crazy long on a regular basis as is and then you through Christmas into the equation and BAM its survival mode baby! 
I get it, I feel it, and I Soo do it too, but this year I don’t want to allow the business of the holiday to become an excuse for me to not continue moving towards my goals, you feel me?
In the past I have allowed an event or a holiday deter me from a goal by making the excuse that I was simply too busy to continue on towards the goal and my intention was to ‘pick up’ where I left off after said holiday or event.
Guess What? 
A lot of times that didn’t happen.
I wouldn’t always pick up where I left off, and if I did it was a hell of a lot more work to get back into the groove then I’d anticipated.

Have I used an event or holiday to figuratively hold me back?
Hell yes!
Have I blamed the event or holiday instead of digging deep and witnessing the fact that I was really self sabotaging?
Sure Did!
You see I believe that when we have a goal that means so much to us that it brings a warm happy smile into our hearts, that goal should become a factor in our lives that is Non-Negotiably on our schedule at All times, All year round.  
No more, I’m too busy.
No more I have to shop from sun up to sun down, therefore there is not enough time in the day.
No more I have to do XY and Z for this person, that party or that dinner.
Make time for your Goal.  Schedule that time in your calendar at least once a week and become as committed to that weekly Goal time like you would be committed to meeting your Closest and 
Dearest Friend for a coffee date.

That time is so precious darling and Time is something we can never, ever get back again.
Invest in yourself.
Don’t make excuses.
Don’t sell yourself short and don’t be the one that holds you back.
No more.
Your time is Now and Today is a Perfect Day to start!

Remember in your core that you are made of love and light!
The world is ready and waiting for you to shine your brightness onto the rest of us!
Have a great day friend!  MUAH!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why It’s So Important To Nourish Our Relationships

Hello there my beautiful!!! How are You?  How have you been? I have missed you!   I hope that you had a freaking awesome holiday fill...