Monday, December 10, 2018

Become More Conscious This Holiday Season

Happy Monday darlin!  Are you getting all prepared and ready for Christmas?  Are you shopping and spinning yourself around in circles trying to keep up with all the various holiday parties, food and festivities?
This is one of my absolute favorite times of the year hands down!  I love how it seems as if this time of year holds the magic key that naturally unlocks generosity, thoughtfulness and pure love for so many people, I just love it so much!
That being said it can also be one of the most stressful times for some of us as well.
We tend to put a hell of a lot of pressure on ourselves to deliver the most perfect and thoughtful gift, maintain the cleanest house, bake the most bomb ass cookies, and all the while maintain a jolly spirit and a perfectly coiffed hair do...
TO MUCH PRESSURE I SAY!
So how are you experiencing the holiday season so far?
Are you maintaining your holiday cheer and enjoying the blissful magic of the jolly holiday season?
Or are you totally Scrooging out at this point and stressed to the max right now?

I can say that for me I definitely tend to fall more on the side of overly stressing about the little details that go into the holidays vs. sitting back and enjoying the subtle magic moments.
I have decided this year I am going to step into this holiday season with a new perspective!
One that enables me to check in with myself throughout the days leading to Christmas simply to ask, ‘How am I feeling?’  Am I just barreling through the day checking items one by one off the to do list or am I consciously walking through my day and enjoying the magic moments?

In order for me to do this I have set alarms on my phone that’ll act like reminders for me to pause and take a moment to check in.  My phone will light up and it’ll remind me to take a moment to check in and I can’t wait to bring more conscious awareness into this holiday season, not only for me but also for my daughter, husband and family. They deserve to receive my All.   I Want to give them my All.
I want to be there with them, enjoy this time together instead of staying distracted with shit that seriously doesn’t matter.  Not to the degree I once believed it mattered.

After all, Time is the one thing that we will Never Ever get back.
It’s the one thing that almost everyone wishes they had used more wisely when they’re approaching the end of their life here on earth.

So I ask you today my beautiful friend is there something that’s totally hogging up your time and attention this holiday season that could potentially be eliminated or at the very least be cut half in order for your time and attention to become more freed up for the things and people that make your heart sing, overflows your cup and brings a sense of love and passion to your life like no other?

My hope is that this post speaks to your heart today and becomes a gentle reminder to you of what the holidays are really all about.
 It’s so easy to forget.  We live in a culture of Go Go Go and right now its actually a lot more fun if we Slow Slow Slow.
 By me sitting here in my usual corner spot in Starbucks I have been reminded.
I needed it too, to be honest.
Now I feel so much more ready and embracing of what this beautiful holiday season has to offer, vs. adding more and more unnecessary items onto my To Do list that’ll just keep me busy and distracted.

Remember in your core that you are made of love and light!
The world is ready and waiting for you to shine your brightness onto the rest of us!
Have a great day beautiful!  MUAH!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Why It’s So Important To Nourish Our Relationships

Hello there my beautiful!!! How are You?  How have you been? I have missed you!   I hope that you had a freaking awesome holiday fill...